View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaut View Post
So i ordered in new seats with 5 point harness, i want to remove the factory seat belts, but they are tied in with the air bag system, It is designed to tighten and lock when the airbags deploy. does anybody know what resistor needs to be put in the place of the seatbelt?

Thanks for eveybodys assisance!!
I got a signal at the Modcave.....

Well......Is this gonna be a track car? Otherwise you'll find 5 point belts a real PITA for daily use......My suggestion would be to leave the stock belts functional while still installing the 5 points. This can be done with various hardware bits like Eyebolts etc sold by shops for this purpose..I did this a few cars back using clip in style belts, so only had them in and functional when I needed them.

As far as the electrical end, you need to latch the stock belt to turn off the warning...there is a simple on/off switch in the latch so you can just complete that circuit to fool the system for when you're not using them..

On the seat airbags, you need to wire a 4.7OHM resistor across the wiring to provide a sufficient load for the car to THINK the airbags are still in the system..Like this:

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote