View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
dlmartin81
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z
dlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fast Intentions TDX w/18" Resonators

I finally received my brown box covered with F.I. tape this past Thursday, and did the install Friday afternoon. It took me about 2.5 ~ 3 hours at a casual pace. Plus, I had a buddy of mine stop over unexpectedly which helped slow things down a bit. PB Blaster worked wonders in getting off those damn stubborn rusted stock bolts. It was my first time using it and I was impressed. Rust literally chipped off on its own. I was like, wow! Anyway, install was pretty straightforward. I did have to shim the right hanger to align the tips. It's still not 100%. I plan to buy another set of washers and take care of that. It's a simple fix.

I must say, like everyone else has claimed, the F.I. CBE is top notch....from the quality to the sound. The resonators, mufflers, and tips are all polished to the point of serious reflection.....it's mirror like. The sound of the CBE is amazing....very deep and smooth. It's not loud at all when cruising but comes to life when you get on it.....and even still, it's not overwhelmingly loud (keep in mind, I have the 18" resonators). For those like myself who don't want a super loud CBE, you know you've found the right one when your wife approves of it and loves it. She said, "I love how it purrs." I haven't paid much attention as to when it does that but it does purr, and I must say it sounds awesome.

Tony - thanks for such a great product!

UPDATE: 7/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uZfb1CC1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4eBaxsxIM

Dan
F.I. SS CBE 18-R || Llumar 40% tint

Last edited by dlmartin81; 07-09-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added videos
dlmartin81 is offline   Reply With Quote