View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #41 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post
I'm not sure where some of you folks are getting your info from but it's quite apparent many here are misinformed. For one, the 10’ Camaro SS is more than just a drag car / straight line car, same story with the Mustang. Times have changed and these “Muscle cars” are now just as and in some cases more capable then what you call “Sports cars”.

The 10’ Camaro SS for example has a Laguna Seca lap time of: 1:45.7. By comparison the 370z best recorded time is 1:46.5. At Virginia International Raceway (VIR) the Camaro SS ran a 3:09.5, the 370z Nismo ran 3:12.0. At “The Ring” Nordschleife the Camaro SS ran an 8:20, the last 350z has a best recorded time of 8:26.

In regards to straight line acceleration it’s no contest, the Camaro SS is in another league. It’s a high 12 sec @110-112mph car where as the Z has recorded times in the mid 13’s @104-106 on average. It’s a silly comparison and of course things like modifications and driver skill come into play. But the bottom line is that all things being equal the Camaro SS is faster.

That doesn’t make the Z a bad car or anything it just means there are other cars out there which are quicker and or just as capable, etc. Regardless I would rather own a 370z because it looks better and is more enjoyable to drive. I could care less if Billy happens to have a faster car. Just as well I would rather own a 09+ Porsche Cayman S or BMW M3 over a Nissan GT-R.

I personally don’t make a liven winning automobile races so having the fastest car isn’t important to me. I look for cars that can deliver an excellent car and driver connection and are rewarding and fun to drive,etc. Take the Mazda Miata for instance, slow as balls yet very fun and rewarding to drive.
You just compared lap times with different weather conditions, temperature, etc... how is any of that not magazine racing. If they were on the track at the same time actually racing (IN REALITY) , then you can see who has the faster car/skill whatever. Your ficticious race holds very little water.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote