View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
wavehogger
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB/P 6MT T/S
wavehogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I've counted at least 4 massholes on here, maybe more. We will have to arrange a get together sometime that's for sure. I do Auto-X fairly regularly during the summer at Ayer, MA so if you think you want to check it out let me know (visit or drive).

Originally I was going to go with the Nismo but I'm leaning towards the AE right now because it has the same cooling capacity but is lower profile.
Yeah I was up at the Auto-X a bunch of years back in my 350. I'll PM you later about it to see when you'll be going next. It's so hard to find time when everyone is free but we can try.

An update on the cooler performance: It's actually better than I expected. I haven't tracked it but it's been hot and humid here 90+ and I was stuck in some traffic and from 180, it slowly, over 20 mins, creeped up to 200 and held there. Before the cooler it would have been 230+ easy. And I did have some fun keeping the revs up for a little bit and again I just touched about 210, where before I would have been 240. (And I run Amsoil full synthetic) It runs consistently 30-40 degrees cooler. The coolest it went was about 175 at night with low rpm cruising. The best part was I never felt any heat soak or loss of HP in the low end or at any time. In comparison as I posted in another thread regarding the effects of higher temps above 240, you can feel the power just being sucked right out of it.

The great thing it can do now is cool down on its own just by driving or the fans. When it gets up to 210 now after traffic or playing, once you drive normal it will go back down to 180. Before forget it, once it hit 220+ it wouldn't cool down if you drove it for 30 miles slowly. Now it cools itself off fast. Lovin it!
wavehogger is offline   Reply With Quote