View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
Just to elaborate on this...The Bridgestone GT R tire is a good all season, run flat tire. However, it is by no stretch of the imagination a competitive track tire. NISSAN says the optional Dunlop GT R tires are around 1 second per mile faster than the Bridgestone's. However, the Dunlops wear faster (despite their higher tread wear rating) than the Bridgestone's.

So, is your goal to have an aggressive looking tire that is similar to the GT R tires, or is your goal to have a good track day tire? With that same thought in mind, will you have a second set of wheels/tires for the street or are these also going to be used on the street?
Yeah mostly street use but I'm not too concerned about mileage. If I can get 25,000 miles on the tires then I'm happy.

I've also been trying to find a cheap set of black or gun metal 20's for everday use but I don't think my budget will flex that much.

I'll check into those Dunlops. Had some Dunlops on a previous car and loved them.