View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
I have some of that vinyl coming to my house, so for that volume piece did you make a template, then trace it on the carbon vinyl?
basically all the pieces including the b-pillar i made a template first and traced it to the backside of the 3M sheets. remember to flip the template over otherwise you get a mirror image vinyl.

for making the template, i recommend you use a blank piece of paper and a stylus (or anything dull) to get the general shape and outline. also use your fingers to press and get the general outline. then cut a tad larger than the traced indent and keep trimming it until you get the right size. use a pen/pencil to take notes on the template and cut.

if you screw up and cut too much, no worries. just use masking tape from both sides and cut it again. no need to start from scratch.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote