View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

^ that wont work. you need the actual viper alarm in order to have the tilt/glass break/shock sensor. Yes i carry 2 fobs. I essentially never use the nissan fob anymore. I use the viper fob. it disarms the alarm/unlocks the door when i press unlock, and locks/arms when i lock. i also requested the add a trunk release feature on teh remote so i now have that. At first you want to use the buttons on teh door but that will set off the alarm because you unlock the door but don't disarm the alarm. Ask your shop about just getting the viper 3303 (2000 foot range) and then the two sensors (they total 170 dollars). Its the most basic set up but i really think you should do it.

so in short, i carry 2 fobs. i never use the nissan one, i just keep it on me so i can start the car. and you need a viper system to use their other add ons, which can't be wired into the nissan alarm.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote