View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
yzhang12
Base Member

Drives: -
yzhang12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
it aggrivates me so much to see our cars like that. Every night that i go out to my driveway to put the garbage out or something, i walk past where i used to park my Z (before i garaged it for the 3 days it was outside of my house) and just wonder what kind of spineless piece of **** does this, and how they rationalize it. For future, get a viper alarm with a tilt sensor, how much range you want is your call. i got smart start just for the added range. Make sure your tilt sensor is set pretty sensitive though, they don't need much clearance to get your wheels off. Its not the same kind of thing as when you change your wheels. They need a tiny bit of room and sometimes they can just slide bricks under and deflate your tires.

These people have almost ruined my enjoyment of this car. I am constantly paranoid about it if its not in my garage. I dont want to go to the mall or movies or beach or any place where its not in eyesight.

now i'm worried that when i get aftermarket wheels, i'll be screwed b/c if i want them replaced i will have to wait so long. It makes me just want to put hub caps on my car because these people will steal anything else.

has anyone here ever had aftermarket rims stolen? were they covered by ins?

Good luck with your situation, and i'd take the money if i was you. If you think this will happen again just get the OEM wheels again. If you aren't worried, get some thing real nice. Just keep in mind, the scariest part is these people know where you live, and once you get the wheels put on they can come back and do it again. dont have your wheels replaced until you have an alarm lined up and ready to install that day.... sorry for rambling.
I'm not too concerned with people stealing the car itself (correct me if i'm wrong, the keyless ignition means that without the key fob you cannot jump start the car at because it uses a form of encryption). I'm probably not going to opt for the viper alarm for its extra features. I just want the tilt sensor Viper - Digital Tilt Motion Sensor or Crime Guard AU-46TD Tilt Sensor Dual-stage digital tilt-motion sensor for Crime Guard alarm systems at Crutchfield.com

Can these be wired into the car's alarm system (i.e. armed/disarmed by nissan's OEM key fob) without having to purchase another receiver/trasmitter?
yzhang12 is offline   Reply With Quote