View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
rha600
Base Member

Drives: 05 Honda, 08 SRT8
rha600 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
what are we to do when the police don't do anything? I had the address and phone number of the guy who stole my wheels and the police said it was too speculative.
how did you find them?

The police came out and finger printed the entire outside of my truck when they stole my SRT wheels. They followed up by sending a guy out to collect the video we had of them taking them right out of the driveway and they followed up a couple days later to get some photos of the wheels so they could take them around to pawn shops and such.

I still haven't heard anything since them and this was back in April. Bad part is that like others have said, they can always come back for them again. And I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think the insurance company will keep paying the tab. I'd LOVE to catch someone trying to take my rims. I leave for work very early in the AM and the best thing ever would be to come out and see them trying to get my rims.

As for the alarm, if the tilt is sensitive it will work. There is no way they are going to put a brick under the car and then let the air out. Try it, and I promise you, you won't be able to pull that wheel off very easily. They have to jack it up, and with that, they have to jack it up far enough to take the "slack" out of the suspension before the tire comes off the ground so it should work.

As for the wheel locks, don't kid yourself. they might stop the random kid next door, but someone that is doing this for a living will have a socket to happen on the lug and take it off, or they have thing that looks like a socket but with a wedge piece inside. They hammer that on and it splits the lug right in half.

As for the insurance, it depends on your insurance I guess, but when mine were stolen Progressive cut me a check the next day. It was then up to me to actually buy the wheels, tires, lugs, TPS, have them mounted and get them back on the truck. Depending on what you can get the new wheels/tires and such for you could come out ahead of the game but probably not by much.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote