View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I am sorry, but you are doing it completely backwards. You should do tires before you touch any suspension pieces. Suspension won't do you much good if your tires are stock, there is a reason why BS and CS classes are faster than most ST classes.

My car has 1900 miles, my suspension is all stock and I bought my RE11 at 700 miles. It's working out pretty good so far as I can hold my points lead
What I understood after talking directly to Mozen is that he is looking to get more into REAL track days, HPDE's, and some sort of Time Attack and time trials, etc.
Autocross is one thing, but actual track events are completely different.
Brakes become MUCH, MUCH more important when tracking... not only from a performance and repeatability standpoint, but more importantly from a safety stand point as well.
Suspension (ie: sway bars, coilovers etc) also become increasingly important when tracking, compared to coned off parking lots. There is MUCH more speed and corner speed carried on tracks and the need for better brakes and suspension vs tires goes way up when dealing with the higher speeds.

Although in steps, I would put proper wheels and tires right up there as a very close third on the to-do list, right under brakes and suspension.
Scott @ RA is offline   Reply With Quote