View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Press the clutch down slower or get some speed going before shifting. It only does it when you accelerate hard in 1st, let of the gas too much and shift to 2nd. Also, watch your revs, depress the clutch too fast under 3500rpm in 1st and its guaranteed to make a noise. Try adjusting your shift indicator light to help get some practice on when you should shift. I set mine to 4500rpm until I got use to it. It will start blinking at 3500.

It gets really tricky when you are in stop & go traffic. Especially when you think the traffic is about to go but then the car in front slows down <clunk!> and then you feel stupid. Don't leave it in 1st unless you like listening to cement mixers. All the sounds this car made when I 1st got it kept me up at night, but once you know where they come from, its not so bad and you learn to live with it. Be glad we still have true manuals instead of Doppelkupplungsgetriebe type transmissions as an only option.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote