View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
gatorfast
Base Member

Drives: Z4 M Coupe
gatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond reputegatorfast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBW39 View Post
anybody check their tire pressure when tires gets warm?
I've noticed my tire pressure increases 2-3 psi after aggressive driving. So I had my tires at the 35 PSI recommended pressure at night, then after some driving it goes up to 38psi.

I was told that the air you fill in to the tire has part oxygen and oxygen expand with increasing temperature. That's why some people fill their tires with only nitrogen?
No, nitrogen in tires will keep them inflated at the correct psi for longer as it is more difficult for nitrogen to escape the tires thus losing pressure. When measuring air pressure and filling your tires you should always do so when the tires are cold because, as you said, air expands and psi goes up once the tires get warmed up.
gatorfast is offline   Reply With Quote