View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mozen
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z PW M6
Mozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
You don;t have enough offset for the fronts ... ideally, @ 18 x 9.5 for the front, you want +45 (ET45) offset ... with only +15, the outer edge of the rim will be at least an inch outside the fender ... and the tyre will rub ...

Factory 19" wheels are 19 x 9 ET47 and rears are 19 x 10 ET30, so if you are going for 18 x 9.5 for the fronts, you will need something like ET45 but this would still need to be checked to make sure the tyre does not foul on the fender. 18 x 10.5 ET2 should be OK, but again, a trial fitment is required to make sure .....

Your choice of premium track-day tyres is much, much broader in 18" wheels - check the range of Bridgestone (RE055), Yokohama (A050, A048 and the new Neova AD-series), Dunlop (Direzza series) or even Hoosier if you want to support a US-based manufacturer.

RB
Ok, sound like what others have been saying. As usual i found something i liked and wanted to buy it...then found out its not quite what i need. Im taking a small break from modding i think, brother needs to borrow a little cash to go to attend a family funeral and ill be loaning him the $$ since i cant attend (deployed)

Since i backed off tho ive noticed the RPF1 Type RC and the SSR SP3 (much more expensive tho!!) Luckily ive had a few very knowledgeable dealers pm me and i appreciate all their help and the responses here.

Thanks again!
Mozen is offline   Reply With Quote