View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #1453 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
My favorite part is where they say that they found a leak, but didn't put the headers back on after the leak was fixed, because it was "obviously" (my quotation marks... not a quote) the headers that were causing the problem.

Um, hello, did you consider the possibility that it was the leak that caused the poor numbers and not the headers?

Wow. Just... wow.
Seeing the install and Shumby telling me where the leak was located. I know the boost loss was minimal and they could have left it the way it was and it wouldn't have made a difference with LTH's or stock headers and cats.

But Sam being the perfectionist, decided that wasn't good enough and redid the weld and stopped the minor leak.

So to answer your question: the leak did not effect the performance of the GTM SC kit.

That being said, I'm still waiting to see the HP/TRQ ratings on the dyno on a stage 2 or 3 GTM SC kit to see what it can do, regardless of the boost pressure. It's the efficiency of the power a kit makes that separates it from the rest ...... not the boost number. IF the GTM SC kit makes 500 HP @ 2 psi boost ...... I'd be impressed!