View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #927 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifedrivenZ View Post
Ok guys here is the reason for the expense.
remove fuel pump, front facial removed, uppper intake manifold removal
drive belt mods, rewired, fuel injecter replaced
transfer of parts, rerouting water line to intake
mounting super charger abd plumbing
all the rewiring and bleeding the system
They are charging 95.88 an hour X 35 hours.
WTF I told them to give me my car back. I am not paying that.
i asked if they were guesstimating the hours and he said no that they looked up how much time it would take per item in hours to install and all the labor that goes with it. I just want you all to know I a trying to get it done at Pinehurst Nissan in NC.

EDIT: The dealer is on the phone right now he called stillen and they are willing to still install it for 15 hours at 95.88 will run about 1538$ I just saved 2k for saying give me my car back.
If a dealership goes line by line to see what it takes to do this work based off the Mitchell guide for the O.E. replacement parts then yes, it will be astronomical. However, it should not take longer than 10-12 hours like others have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
Stillen charged me $1,485 to install supercharger, clutch and lightened flywheel: 15 hours at $99/hour.

-Phim
We definitely have the advantage of installing a few of these already and we install clutches and flywheels practically daily so our techs are experienced enough to knock through the installs pretty quickly and we like to offer that savings to our customer's.

Also, keep in mind that if you are getting the supercharger and your fascia is already off the car, that is the perfect time to have the oil cooler installed. The fascia is already off and ready to go so there is no point in paying an extra $100+ dollars later on for them to remove the fascia again.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote