View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
ctzn
inquisitive

Drives: G35
ctzn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJcuetip View Post
this is a response from veilside:
I’ve looked at your favorite lip and I must it doesn’t make any sense to me. The corner sections show a dip, which doesn’t seem to match any other line of the car.

I’m not sure what can be done to remove the “fangs” as it’s part of the factory molded bumper. Is the painted section of the “fangs” connected/molded together to the black grill section?

Best regards,

First off, I didn't design the lip, so I can't speak to the purpose of it's lines or shape.

Second, and plainly so, that pic was meant to be an example of the direction I would like to see. I did not imply nor ask for it to be copied. The fact is, it is a simple, clean and beautiful lip solution, easy as that. I would like to see a similarly styled option for the 370.

Third, I am not a product designer or engineer, so I would not even listen to my advice if I gave it. Hence, my posting an example of what I felt worked on the 350Z.

I do happen to be a professional designer, and in my area, the tricky part and the most satisfying part, is figuring out a way to communicate in a beautiful manner, around any obstacle that may present itself. That is the challenge of being a successful designer. In this case, the goal is to find an elegant, simple way to incorporate the desired look and feel into the existing design of the car. This is what makes Veilside, well, Veilside, you have been a leader in the industry for a long time and I would expect nothing less than the highest standard of quality and options.

To come on here and criticize an example I pointed out, is counterproductive at best, and offensive at worst. We, as a community, and myself personally are thrilled to be a part of the process of building a new product, but it has to come to a point where Veilside must take ownership of this and provide us with the level of quality we all have come to expect from you in a product and a company.

Last edited by ctzn; 04-20-2009 at 05:42 PM.
ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote