View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

This was a great shot, looks like a steeple hill race. The incline was steep and I was in 4th gear and after about four turns and allot of incline I noticed my oil temp was one hash mark away from LIMP mode (260 degrees). Shifted the 5th gear and prayed I would make it to the top and hope it would cool down on the downward spiral to the canyon floor where the double bridge was located.

I made it, but was VERY disappointed in the oil temp. I have been hearing of oil temp rising in Los Angles traffic at rush hour and just out climbing small mountains. I have all along intended on getting an oil cooler, now I just confirmed it not only in my Z34 but also my bro’s red Z34 also climbed to near limp mode. The incline was not even that steep, it was gradual but a fast gradual if you know what I mean. Probably about a 6% incline in about 2 miles.

The blue Z34 is Tong's (TongMan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim123 View Post

Last edited by ZForce; 06-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote