View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #104 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Yes, here’s how I have scored invoice pricing from the convenience of my living room couch!

Third Step: Financing

I was told even with my great credit (790+ FICO score), I am only going to get 6.99% APR. To me that was absolutely unacceptable! I have worked hard to keep my credit score where it is today and I deserve a better rate. So, I went to my nearest credit union and they told me I will get 5.74% APR from their financial institution. I was okay with it but not totally happy. So, I start researching how I can get a better rate. Then I found out about the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. They are offering 3.99% APR on all new car purchase!!! I was sold! But there was a problem. I am not in the Army, Coast Guard or Air Force. How can I get such rate? Well, answer is simple. You can pay $20 and become member of NMFA (National Military Family Association - Option 7) and you’ll get the loan with desired APR. I was surprised to see the knowledge of these customer service reps. I had a very good experience with them. Once you’re member, you’ll have to fill out a loan application ONLINE and you’ll instantly know if you’re approved or no for the 3.99% APR. Then they will FEDEX you check the next day or you can go pick it up at your nearest branch. I opted for the next day FEDEX.

I am very happy how things turn out for me. I am not going to bore you with my long story anymore. The Z looks great, drives great. Thanks for reading.
AK370Z,

Thank you for the tip about the Pentagon Federal Credit Union and their 3.99% loans. I went to their web site and joined as a Veteran and applied for a new car loan at the same time. I then got a VPP number from Robert Nash of Nissan North America, went to my dealer and purchased our new 370Z. Got a fantastic (below invoice) price on the new car and a great rate on the loan.

Thanks again