View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
vifferman
Base Member

Drives: '04 TSX, '10 370ZR
vifferman is on a distinguished road
Default Scratch/Swirl Removal & Sealant

IMHO, there is little need to pay for high-end products here. No one is more particular or anal retentive than I; and I've achieved stellar results with nothing more exotic than "Kit Scratch Out." I've used it very successfully on my last four cars (SAAB 900SE, Honda Accord EXL Coupe, Acura TSX, and now my new 370Z Roadster). If I'm working only on a small area, I may apply it by hand; but I generally apply and remove/polish with an orbital buffer (again, no need to spend $130+ for a Porter-Cable IMO). I have a 9-inch Craftsman and a 6-inch MVP that have served me well. I think I paid something like $4.99 for my last 7 oz. bottle of "Kit Scratch Out," and perhaps $40 & $20 respectively for the two orbital buffers.

NOTE: For best results with an orbital buffer - apply & remove with separate, clean terry cloth bonnets, then buff to a final shine with a microfiber bonnet. The Kit Scratch Out formulation does include a modicum of silicone (some may object), but it works nicely for me to add some shine/protection to the polishing process.
vifferman is offline   Reply With Quote