View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #127 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I'm not knocking Hyundai. I'm just saying if your gonna slap V8 429hp motor in a two door, it better be considered a true sports car. Sports cars will always be a niche market and can't satisfy a broad market because of the inherent impracticality associated.

Hyundai seems to push price points above anything else, I want to see what they can do without limitations. Honda, Toyota & Nissan took decades to grow, Hyundai is late in the game and sprinting to catch up, which is why there is so much talk.
no i understand that part. Once they prove themselves in the everyday broader market, they can branch out into niche's.

but I disagree that 429 "has" to be a true sports car.

Camaro, Mustang, challenger etc. Big muscle cars. So hyundai has a few options to go with.

Of course I would like to see a proper sports car. They easily have the capability and the partners in the world to help them, they are just not ready for it. And for that im actually glad that they are not trying right now, as it may discourage them from trying at a later point.