View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #98 (permalink)
toxik
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 328xi, 96 300zxTT
toxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond reputetoxik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to toxik

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2k View Post
Every other car I looked at before buying the Z had 4 seats. I'm not the only guy that didn't cross cars off his list because they had a back seat.

The GC was actually a car I looked at briefly. Unfortunately it is ugly both inside and out to me, so it got crossed off pretty quick. But remember, it is not expensive, it has power, and it has a superb warranty. Those three things will draw more people in than the Z's heritage. Your rep will only get you so far. It would not surprise me in the least to see a 429hp GC outsell the 370z in the states unless Nissan bumped the power output.
fine by me, i don't want nissan to make the Z an attractive car to the masses, I want it to be an enthusiast car, which only a lucky few choose to own.

my biggest gripe with the genesis, and why in the end I think a Z is a better car, even without the looks, power, etc.... I think the Genesis is trying too hard to be what is already out. The points they copied from various other car manufacturers are so blatant... its trying to be G37 too much. Hey Hyundai why don't you make something original, same as what Nissan and Infiniti have been doing, they are not trying to look like a BMW or whoever their competition is. The Z doesn't look like anything else on the road, I can't say that for the Gen.

And for those that got a Gen because it's cheap for a RWD sports car... cheap and sports car should not be in the same sentence imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Dp'd by five ohs and I liked it...I liked it