View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #90 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@qc View Post
How is that?

It tooks 3 years for Fast Intentions to finally release long tube headers for the Z. CP-E's LTH will be released this month for the GC. We're looking at over 20whp gains compared to the stubby design on the OE headers, and they'll eliminate the primary cats as well.

ECU reflashes are awfully important on the Genesis 3.8 considering it was originally tuned to run on 87 octane, thus suffering from extremely rich conditions throughout the RPM range. The 3.8 with I/H/E and a tune will put down over 310whp with a underrevving engine (7200 RPM with a flash). The OE cams being the culprit in disallowing any higher revs. It took a few years to polished ECU tuning on the Z, initially you guys were barely gaining anything. I know because I've been in the market for sports car for quite a while, and as a car enthusiast I lurked these boards and kept myself updated.

We already have a few supercharger and turbo packages available from Korea. We already have cams available as well, engine internals, etc.

P.S.: The first production year of the Genesis is a MY2010.

I fail to see your point, we have amazing aftermarket support.
I need to correct you on a few things.
The first set of LTH produced by Fast Intentions was December of 2009 and the first Z in the US was sold January 2, 2009. (Link) Production was only slowed because Tony (owner of F.I.) wanted to buy a piece of equipment which would make a better product all around; downside was it had a 2-3 month wait to get it in. Upside everyone in the community agreed it was fine and we gladly waited.

Where did anyone say we got nothing from tunes?
Tuning is first not about gains, it is about bringing the engine in check between timing, AF, etc. so as to not cause knocking or other negative effects. Then we look at gains on what the car can do, and if you want to compare a stock Z v. a stock Z with a tune it is from 10-20HP (based on dyno). The reason people do not see much gains after they do aftermarket parts is because we have an ECU which learns and adapts to changes properly. Thus when I put intake, LTH, exhaust I gained my 40HP but only 5-8 from a tune, but the tune made sure I did not ruin my engine.

Point of this post is to correct false information. The gen coupe is a good start up car for Hyundai, but like any new car it has been slow aftermarket wise because tuning companies have a lot of R&D to do, price decisions to make, etc. I am sure the gen coupe will grow quickly, but it has been slow just because of the newer market (not a bad thing, but just how it is).