View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberium View Post
Wait... so now we have Rasp, Hiss, and horrible fumes that are bad enough that cars next to you can smell it. All for a couple of HP... literally, a couple of HP
I had the hiss even with the stock headers and FI cat back. Its just the way the VQ engines are, I knew it before I bought the car. If you have an aftermarket exhaust you have the hiss, you just have never stood behind your car when you coast at around 2000-3000rpms The rasp, well I don't know what to tell you. Its not bad but it IS there. It doesn't sound like a 4 banger but I have heard corvettes with rasp once they add Kooks or LG headers. It just something you need to decide if you can live with or not. And once they unlock the VVEL the headers will be MUCH MUCH more usefull than you can imagine. The fumes I am not sure what could be the cause of it. It could be the o2 censors for all know, they were pretty messed up. But as Dreamer said, it goes away once the car adjusts but then again, with no cats it will always be there. It seems a lot of members on here don't understand that when you add LTH's or even just a straight pipe, your car changes dramatically. I always laugh when people install LTH's on their car then uninstall them because it is too loud. You need to understand what you are doing to your car before you do it.

Anyway the stock o2 sensors are crap. I am just going to take it to a stealership and let them have at it. I got a quote for $1100 for the reinstallation and $280 for each o2 sensor. I think a Honda FCX Clarity is more mod friendly than this car lol