View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #78 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I wouldn't have. I have left GM's customer fold because of all the issues with their QC. My WS6 was all but falling apart around the driveline when I traded it in. I would love a new Z06--if the valves weren't breaking due to heat and oiling issues, and I would like a new Corvette LS3 if it came in hard-top and didn't have oiling issues as well when tracked. I went and looked at GMs show-room at one of the dealerships here and the trash in the paint, misaligned body-panels (deck-lid un-evenly shut, not flush on one corner by a good margin, headlight fascia off by 1/3" side to side comparison, etc.) on a $50K car just turned me off. I mean, really? Trash down to the metal in the paint? THe car looked like a bad front-end collision repair job new on the floor. GM's failure to deliver a quality vehicle is exactly why I am now a member of this forum and considering a modded 370Z as my next large purchase.
How can there be trash down to the metal on a vette? All I know is on my 350z, I had to have the engine replaced for oil consumption, the trans replaced for grinding, and seat covers replaced for premature wear. Th vette only had the power steering rack fail.