View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chris@FsP
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2008 350Z TT
Chris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I was not much on the 350Z, but the platform has matured and I am liking the 370's looks.

My questions regarding this car, and I am sorry if they are "noob". Please understand that I still have paper plates on my ONLY import ever. I don't know much about them other than "hearsay".

What is the widest tire that can fit under the front and rear of the 370Z (assume properly spec'ed aftermarket rims)?

The Greddy TT kit would be a must (or is the Stillen S/C better? What is the Greddy's quality like?), 332 or 350bhp just doesn't excite me, been there/done that, boring. How durable are these cars? Will the 450whp afforded by the Greddy system beat the car up and turn it into a rattle-trap before its time much like the motor I put in my '88GT did it?

How much power can the OEM clutch handle? How about the OEM rear-end?

Is it "ok" to floor it in OD with a 450whp kit like the Greddy? OD looks like a "functional" gear the way the manual/diff. are geared in this car, but can it take the increased horsepower/tq?

What issues would I have with the rev-matching feature and the Greddy TT kit?

Would a TT 370Z at 450whp or so be able to put the power to the ground on street tires (see above rim/tire question), or would it just slide all over the place after it spooled up?

I really like the GT-R, but it is not RWD, it is not a standard, and it is a damn pig at 4,000# with me in it. As you can see from above, I am basically wanting a GT-R with a standard, RWD, and a reasonable curb-weight. With the 370Z set up like above "feel" like a "cheap" car with a ton of power, or will it feel like a comprehensive package like a Z06 or GT-R or Viper? Basically, I owned a WS6 and it felt like a pile of junk with a ton of power. The engine was way too much for that car, it belonged in a 'vette where GM originally placed that LS1. Would I have the same impression of a 450whp 370Z? Kinda hard to explain what I am trying to convey, but those of you who have owned fast cars with so-so build know what I am talking about.

Again, I am sorry to be such a noob.
That's a lot of questions

Give us a call at the shop and we'd be glad to talk to you and answer any questions you have about boosting your 370.

Chris
Chris@FsP is offline   Reply With Quote