View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #195 (permalink)
DarkPath
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary M6
DarkPath will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersnate View Post
That is great! But, how do you know she's not slappin' your magnets? I couldn't get an answer from Nissan USA. Thanks DarkPath

Because I didn't specifically solicit her for the information... I'd tried Nissan USA too you know. The day after I bought my Z. I likely took all the same steps you did - independently back in mid May. Then I received an email from Nissan with a customer satisfaction survey attached. I merely filled out the customer survey and forgot about it. It was a surprise when my phone rang and it was NISSAN Customer Affairs.

In the survey I'd written of how forum owners here were failing at attempts to learn the build numbers of our vehicles and were getting quite angry about it. That neither the dealerships, nor multiple calls to Nissan USA, were producing favorable results. I wrote that in general, we all felt it was ridiculous that an important piece of information regarding the history of our 40ths (like the build numbers) was not readily available and traceable. I spoke of how this was not how an American Company would have handled this important information so, and Nissan's handling of the situation was sub par at best.

I included my telephone number and VIN number on the survey and firmly requested that they recover the information - and call me when they had it. After about two weeks they called me Out of the blue - not to ask more questions - but to provide the information. That was last Wednesday...

I am considering calling her back to request that I be provided a replacement 40th Anniversary badge to replace the one between the seats - one that includes the build number. It should have been included with the vehicle in the first place and all this BS would have been avoided.

Anyway - that is the story surrounding my build number. Hope it helps you find the build number of yours.