View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 AM   #76 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
A couple days ago a woman and her husband pulled in next to me as I was about to leave a parking lot and she immediately asked how I like my car. After I told her how happy I am with it, she said she almost bought one but decided to get a 2008 Corvette instead. I asked her how she liked that and she said, "it's fun, but high maintenance" and went on to tell me it had some electrical problems. She didn't say it, but her tone of voice indicated she thought she made the wrong choice. I left there a bit puzzled about the fact that a 2008 car has electrical problems.

I wouldn't have. I have left GM's customer fold because of all the issues with their QC. My WS6 was all but falling apart around the driveline when I traded it in. I would love a new Z06--if the valves weren't breaking due to heat and oiling issues, and I would like a new Corvette LS3 if it came in hard-top and didn't have oiling issues as well when tracked. I went and looked at GMs show-room at one of the dealerships here and the trash in the paint, misaligned body-panels (deck-lid un-evenly shut, not flush on one corner by a good margin, headlight fascia off by 1/3" side to side comparison, etc.) on a $50K car just turned me off. I mean, really? Trash down to the metal in the paint? THe car looked like a bad front-end collision repair job new on the floor. GM's failure to deliver a quality vehicle is exactly why I am now a member of this forum and considering a modded 370Z as my next large purchase.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote