View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Z View Post
I have a manual on my Z and an automatic w/ manual shifting on my MINI. I keep the MINI in auto mode cuz it's boring changing gears without a clutch. The 370 is my first manual car and I'm glad I chose manual. Loads of fun skipping gears, trying to go up hills from a stop without backing up too much or burning the clutch, and coasting to a stop in neutral. I have yet to drive through heavy stop-n-go traffic, so I haven't experienced the dark side of clutches. Plus I LOVE SynchroRev. I don't know how you manual guys ever matched revs so easily. I guess I'm just too uncoordinated. It makes driving a manual almost as easy as driving an automatic.
That is hard on syncros.
Just use the E-brake. You could park a Ferrari an inch off my back bumper on a 30* hill and I wouldn't worry a bit. E-brake. Made for that sort of thing.
Just bump the auto into Neutral. Same effect.

Matching revs takes time to learn. It took me about 3 years to get decent at matching revs on demand regardless of the situation in my GT and then WS6. I never tried toe-heel shifting, though, so I was kinda slow at it. Not very pro at all there. Still, it was much fun. Glad you can turn that feature off if I do decide to get a Z.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote