View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road

Ok I updated the first post. I have the 18'' resonators. I have some bad news unfortunately. I was pulled over by one of the wonderfull chula vista police officers. I wasn't speeding, I wasn't doing any kind of aggressive driving, no peeling out, no reving my engine. I was sitting at a stop light! The officer was in the lane to my right and apparently his driver window was right near my rear bumper. I knew he was there. I even started in 2nd gear instead of 1st to stay at low rpms to be cautious. As soon as the light turned green, I slow rolled and then I saw him dart behind me so I just went into the right lane stopped lol The reason he pulled me over was because he claimed he could smell the fumes through his cracked window. He said it smelled like a monster truck event. (wtf kind of comparison is that?) I knew the fumes were bad but I didn't think they were THAT bad. Anyway he asked me what mods I had. I told him pretty much everything, opened the hood for him, I told him I didn't have cats when he asked me. I'm not going to lie to him because I can get in even more trouble for being a leo myself at my job. So he gave me a fix-it ticket for a smog test but was nice enough to not give me anything else (meaning referee). So basically I have to uninstall them to go to a smog test station then go back to the Chu PD office and get it signed and probably pay $25. GOD I have bad luck with this car!! I am not sure if I want to put them back on at this point after the whole thing with the oil cooler and now this. Man my luck but Chula Vista PD officers have a bad rep for doing everything but fight crime anyway. I'll get an update tomorrow hopefully after we re-intall the stock headers and I can hopfully get it to a place in time. BUT I did update the review