View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Ok just to clarify look at the bad diagram below.

_____( )

Its a view from above. The horizontal line represents the Hub mounting surface. The parenthesis represent the caliper. If you were to draw another horizontal line from the top of the parenthesis Parallel to the hub mounting surface, the distance between those two lines is the amount of clearance behind the wheel face that is necessary to clear our Big Brake Kits.

I just confirmed with a tape measure and a ruler with a square.

The fronts require 50mm of clearance
the rear require 23mm (22 but, i say 23 to be on the safe side)

and as far as the rock hitting the caliper. I really doubt a rock is going to manage to get between your spinning wheel and the brake caliper as your car is moving. put your car on a dyno and throw a rock at the wheel. Watch it not even have a chance of hitting the caliper. (it would probably just ricochet and kill someone)
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote