View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

I had my Audi TT get hit in the drivers door while parked by another parked car pulling out. This was on a military base and the car that hit me was military. I got three extimates for the repair and asked the Audi dealer how much to ask for deminished value and he said 10 % of the original value. So I filed my claim thru the military base and asked for 3,700 dollars deminished value plus the repairs. I thought they would only give me a portion of the deminished value but they gave me it all, $3,700. When I picked up my car from the repair shop, I asked if they had submitted it to car fax or whatever and they said they dont do that, the police are suppose to do that. So the military police never did it so I got $3,700 for free and the car never showed up on car fax. From what I hear you can get it but they will probably only give a percentage of what you want and it will be a good fight in the civilain world.