Thread: Paint Variation
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
initialgemini
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FX 35
initialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarGo View Post
I have the yellow Z.

I had my car parked under overhead street lights last night. It appeared there was variation in the paint. Especially between the fuel cover and the surrounding quarter panel. The same variation also existed between the A pillar and the roof/hood.

I had a very high intensity LED flashlight (120 lumens) and shined it on the car. The paint looked fine. During the day, you can't see any variation.

What gives? Has anyone else seen this variation?

I'm wondering if it's the difference based on the material (plastic vs aluminum vs steel)?

-ZCarGo-
I noticed the same thing with my yellow Z. Paint will always look different when it sits on another material. Its more so of how the light reflects off the material than a mismatch of color.
initialgemini is offline   Reply With Quote