View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
I said the same thing almost 40 years ago about Datsun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
This.

Hyundai's quality has skyrocketed over the last decade and the reviews on the Genesis coupe bear that out. On paper the car closely lines up with a later model G35. That is very impresive for a first go at a real sports coupe. I would seriously consider one if the price is in the right ball park. The question for Hyundai is can the attract enough sports coupe buyers with the correct features/price ratio. They can't charge Nissan prices for the same performance in the same way Nissan can't charge Porsche prices for the same performance. Will they have enough room to wiggle on the price to build a following is the only real question.
Sure, sure. I wasn't saying Hyundai won't become a respected sports car maker in the future. The fact of the matter is, at this point, Hyundai has no soul, driving spirit, or racing heritage. Nissan does, and lots of it. I'm proud to own a brand new Z because of the history of the car. I feel accomplished. I would not be able to feel the same way about a Hyundai.

It's kind of like comparing other sporty sedans to the STi or Evo. There just is no comparison to be made for a die-hard motorsports fan.