View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #379 (permalink)
LinPark
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
LinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to LinPark Send a message via Skype™ to LinPark

Read this entire thread today - really amazing info in here for everyone - I have to guess that this might be the most used DIY on the forum so far - +1 Rep for AK.

My car only has 800 miles on it right now but based on all this reading I'm thinking I should start making arrangements for a first oil change around 1200 miles and then cutover to synthetic around the 3000 mile point.

All of the questions about the copper washer were amusing - Datsun/Nissan has been using those FOREVER - its been replaced on my 280Z so many times I've lost count.

I shouldn't have any problems with putting the car up on 4 jack stands right? Would it make more sense to raise the rear of the car up slightly further than the front?

Also, I didn't see any discussion in here about changing your oil based on time instead of miles - I don't put many miles on my car - should I think about changing the oil based on dates instead of miles or is that just plain stupid?

Thanks again AK for all this work!

EDIT: Might find this link helpful for those who don't have a dealer nearby that stock the copper washers.

Last edited by LinPark; 06-23-2010 at 12:48 PM.
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote