View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sport Package Caliper Clearance

So i went out and measured the amount of clearance necessary to clear the sport package brakes. Basically the distance between the hub mounting surface and the furthest protruding point of the front and rear calipers.

Front: 50mm
Rear 22mm

However, i was measuring with a paper ruler since i was at work on a break and just want to have someone confirm this on their sport package Z?

This is an important figure when choosing wheels and i think it would be good to have it listed on our forum. Knowing this will allow people to know whether or not the wheels they are looking at will clear their calipers before they order them.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote