View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Pushing_Tin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E63 AMG
Pushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
This is just something you have to get used to in a rear-wheel-drive car with a good HP/Weight ratio. Find somewhere (without cars or curbs) to practice, and you'll learn to modulate the throttle to control the oversteer - either avoid it completely, or do a 180 if the situation calls for it (makes for much tigher U-turns ), or anything in between. Once you have a feel for that oversteer, it makes it much easier to ride the edge of it when going through curves, too.
All of my cars (15-20) except two have been RWD, so I know a lot about oversteer. My impression of this car is due to its very short wheelbase and light weight its difficult to drive it right up to the edge of a spin out like most RWD cars I've had. My other cars had a very large sweet spot that was fairly predictable the Z on the other hand will surprise you due to the sweet spot being very small before loss of control. I have not been to the track in this car yet, and I'm sure that will help.

How a track or sport setting was left off of this car is beyond me.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote