View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
initialgemini
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FX 35
initialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Could be. I don't know how it is in CA, but in TX you can't be ticketed based on the chopper's observation. He has to call in a ground unit to independently radar and ticket you. Has to do with some laws about how the officer signing the ticket has to be the one that witnessed the crime, so since the chopper pilot isn't gonna land and write you a ticket in person, the guy on the ground can't ticket based on the chopper's data either, he has to go and "see" (or in the speeding case, radar/laser) you himself.

Not that they don't try sometimes, but it doesn't hold up in court.
Correct me if i'm mistaken... I see that you're located in texas, but don't they have aerial units that catch speeders on the more open highways via photograph?
initialgemini is offline   Reply With Quote