View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting cop story

So I just bought my new Z a few days ago and was leaving work late this evening. There are 4 of us with various sports cars (Camaro, Cayman, Mustang and my Z) and we headed off to grab a bite to eat around 11pm. My friend in the Cayman wanted to race a bit down a deserted city street so we took off. Nothing too severe, but we were definitely accelerating fast and probably exceeded the speed limit by a fair margin. <note: I am officially unaware of any excess in speed that may or may not have occurred, in case any official-types are reading this>

Suddenly, I see a car coming up fast behind me so I let off the gas and coast a bit. It ends up being a cop, who trails behind me for about 5 seconds before cutting ahead of me and pulling in right behind my friend in the Cayman.

He ends up tailgating him for about 3 blocks before pulling him over. The cop comes up and orders him to turn off his car just as a police helicopter hits him with a searchlight. The cop reads him the riot act for about 10 minutes before letting him go without a ticket.

So we meet up at a local restaurant and park in the parking garage. After dinner, I come out and find a police sticker stuck to my driver side window! I look around to see if anyone else has one and the only other person with the police sticker is my friend in the Cayman, who parked about 100 feet away from me! The guy tracked us down to a restaurant and left us "warning" stickers! Geesh...