View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Alright just got back from the shop. Got the oil cooler kit installed after a good 5 hours of fiddling with it. Nothing really went wrong or anything, we just took our time and we deviated from what Stillen intended the kit to look like. I just thought my take on it was more efficient. The only extra I had to buy was about 2 feet of hose. Maybe Stillen will like my design alterations enough to make it part of the kit. Thats the whole point of testing new products out right? Feedback to make it better and easier for everyone else.

Also, on a side note...I redynoed the car after the oil cooler istall. 3 Runs back to back with less than a minute rest. Car kept making more and more power. Temperature would NOT go over 180. In fact it was dead at 180 degrees all the way home...doing 90mph all the way home in 80 deg weather. No matter what, I couldn't get the temperature past 200 degrees. I would call this a complete and utter success. So the only things that changed since my last dyno run (on the same dyno, just moved to a new location) were Stillen catback exhaust was added and the oil cooler was installed. I don't care if you guys want to call ******** or not, but the car made back to back to back over 285. Best run was the last one we did at 295WHP.

Pictures of the install coming in 2 minutes. They are uploading.
I'm excited that the oil cooler is doing so well.