View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
juan05
Enthusiast Member

Drives: nismo 370z black.
juan05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
I believe the rims on the Nismo 370z (also made by Rays Engineering) are forged as well. Rims now a days for sport cars are pretty much all forged - just like the Nismo 350z. They just don't advertise it much. E.g. Lexus IS-F, Evo X MR, etc. And i agree with you, you do save a lot money if you're not intending to upgrade anything and you have more choices. But if you take into the account of you starting to mod everything in your car to match what the Nismo comes with (suspension, exhaust, rims, Nismo body kit, seats, etc) you're looking at spending much more than what the Nismo 370z cost. Not to mention you now have an extra set of stock parts which you most likely ain't gonna make much money back on. But I guess if you get the regular sports base model, you won't be locked into a fixed set of configuration and you can choose whatever upgrade brands you want. That's just my opinion.

If money isn't an issue, I personally wouldn't mind going with the regular Z and then buy upgrades here and there and most likely end up with a totally different setup than the Nismo and have more HP than the Nismo would, but then again...that'll be not a wise decision if I only have a $40K budget. You might as well got with the Nismo Z.
thats a reallly wise choice. all we can do is wait and see how much the nismo costs...
juan05 is offline   Reply With Quote