Thread: Straight Pipe?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Are there dyno comparisons of the difference between X and Y on power output? I could swear I read a thread where someone claimed the Y made more power (at least N/A).

Oh wow -- well the extra 2.2 ltrs of displacement will certainly be able to use a much better flowing intake and exhaust.

I hope they can effectivley retune VVEL too -- that's going to be critical for making optimal power.
If the car is a pure race car VVEL will just be turned off especially if they are running a 4.5L engine with custom ECU, makes it easier for a car like that.
On the X v. Y v. H pipe setup, there is not exact answer. Similar to dyno machines, they all vary and can perform very well. Usually it comes down to sound based on the muffler, bends, etc. Most well build exhaust systems will all give about the same amount of power.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote