View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
cookZmonster
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40thAn 370Z
cookZmonster is on a distinguished road
Default Expert Opinons Welcome

Hello all, I am in a uniquely fortunate situation and I would love to get as much input as possible by those who are knowledgeable (see: bigaudiofanat) and who have some experience with the 370z's audio possibilities.

I purchased a new 40th anniversary 370z a few months ago, and since then I have been in the process of modifying various things about it to make it "my" 370z. I am lucky enough to have both the time and the financial freedom to try to make everything as high-quality and perfect as I can.

Anyway, on to the point. I am trying to think about the "dream" audio system for my 370z, by "dream" I basically mean the absolute best, clearest, loudest sound possible for this car. The only factors I can tell you are that I don't need TONS of bass, just enough to faithfully and powerfully reproduce dance, r&b, and the occasional rap music. I listen to all kinds of music, right now the CD in the car has dance, vocal, rap, and italian opera side by side, so I can't tailor the system to a specific style of music. The car won't be shown or anything, so looks are mostly unimportant to me, the only priority I have is the quality and volume of the music. MOST of the music will be coming from my ipod/ipad but CDs will have a place as well. I won't be NEEDING video, but it seems that many of the high end head units have that so its fine also.

I know dynamat is a personal choice, but I am having a hard time deciding HOW much coverage I want. Weight/handling isn't really an issue either since the car will have ~550 HP at the wheels, and is tuned for performance, so I am thinking I should just get as much sound deadening as possible?

Basically what I would love to hear is this: What would you folks out there do with your 370z if you had a budget of $10,000.00 for audio alone?

Thanks I look forward to hearing everyones opinion.

Aubrey
cookZmonster is offline   Reply With Quote