View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #69 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post
A: TVfreakazoid--What you said, is exactly what I meant.

B: Scruffy--um, maybe I'm a little confused, but what exactly is that fugly nose of the 370 nismo accomplishing??? And how much better are the coefficient of drag on the Nismo? Oh, right it's 0.01 better than the sports package model (0.29 vs. 0.30). Right, and the Nismo is heavier. So what exactly did Nissan accomplish here?

Now, I'll be the first to admit that this is my first Z and I'm new to the Z culture, and maybe I'm missing the point and don't know enough about the Z history. Maybe the Nismo was always supposed to look like it belongs in the speedracer movie (I say that in all seriousness), but if the above is not the case (and really in any event), I think the 370Z looks pretty freaking terrible.
For the record, i actually like the look of the 350Z, at least that one makes sense somehow.
2009 Nissan NISMO 370Z
The functional and fully integrated aerodynamic body pieces include an extended front nose design with a canard design at each corner for improved downforce and a fully integrated chin spoiler. The NISMO 370Z has an overall length of 174.3 inches. Special side sills and a unique rear bumper help control airflow under the vehicle, while the functional rear spoiler increases downforce.

The extra weight is from upgrades to stiffen the chassis, more than made up for by the boost in HP.