Thread: Post your pets!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #64 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownR426 View Post

Are your pups Huskys?

Your dog was such a cutie!

Yes they are huskys, the red one we adopted, she had been run over. her hip was crushed, she only has one half of her hips, they made a socket out of the muscle for the other side, and her leg was broken badly. she was discovered injured and taken to a pound where she was to be euthanized. Siberian Husky rescue of florida found her before she got put down and took her. we agreed to adopt her and she went through alot of surgeries. her rear knee does not bend and of course her hip area is fragile, she will probably need a doggy wheelchair later in life. but shes a wild one so she doesn't realize she cannot play rough, etc. She has been the greatest dog, so happy to have a home, never been a problem at all. shes got tons of personality and is feisty (probably from the time she spent in the big house.lol) I have had her 6 years now. The other we got as a puppy, and he is spoiled as can be, grumpy and demanding. lol. hes a character but I love him to death.

funny story, I got him in 1998. was trying to think of a name for him, saw Nick Saban on TV coaching Michigan State and liked the name "Saban". I named him Saban and low and behold LSU hired Nick Saban two years later. Of course now Saban moved on but I still have my dog and don't mind the name. I am not one of those that hates a coach who moved on. why would I? I hated bama enough before they hired LSUs old coach.

But Huskies in Florida have a tough time. people get them because of their looks and then find out how much attention and time they demand, and how destructive they can be when bored, and give them up. I will only rescue dogs from now on. My wife and I have no kids so our dogs are a huge part of our daily lives, plus we never make them leave the air conditioning unless they want to. haha. it gets hot down here.

Last edited by SiXK; 04-17-2009 at 10:31 AM.
SiXK is offline   Reply With Quote