View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
No problem...My turbo cars run from 10.8 to 11.5 under boost. Forced induction always requires more fuel as it is used to cool the charge and reduce potential for detonation..
I make a boost controller for Audi's that lets the cars boost safely to 24psi with a chipped program enhancing the fuel and timing. Without the chip, 18psi is about max...

On the VVEL tuning I could see a lot of guys really screwing up their cars. Be careful what you wish for....
10.8! IMO, that's a tad rich unless you are stuck with 91 AKI (or maybe a little too high a CR on the pistons...). Were you getting det leaner than that?

Eh... I'm used to tuning VVTLi on my old 2ZZ S/C'd Celica... (with TWO piggybacks working in tandem no less!).

Having more lift points to play with sounds like a bit of a PITA, but as long as one can see the OEM map as a base, on the dyno it shouldn't take too long to determine whether adjustments improve things or not

It's just the intake cam that gets adjusted, right? Not both intake and exhaust -- or are both adjustable? (Okay, that would take a little more time to get right...)