View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #35 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
^^^ thanks for that.

It depnds on the application -- richer (say mid 11's to mid 12's) is usally a bit better for FI (especially if nonintercooled or intercooling isn't optimal or only lower octane fuels are available...), but really it all has to determined empirically on the dyno.

Just took a gander ant the UpRev site -- looks like they offer full datalogging (cipher) and have full control over all the maps... but I couldn't find confirmation that they can tune VVEL.

Is it really true that even the uprev software can't tune VVEL on our car??? That seems like a huge tuning limitation if true
No problem...My turbo cars run from 10.8 to 11.5 under boost. Forced induction always requires more fuel as it is used to cool the charge and reduce potential for detonation..
I make a boost controller for Audi's that lets the cars boost safely to 24psi with a chipped program enhancing the fuel and timing. Without the chip, 18psi is about max...

On the VVEL tuning I could see a lot of guys really screwing up their cars. Be careful what you wish for....

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote