View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if you want something that looks respectable, then you shouldn't be getting a Nismo Z in the first place. The Nismo Z appearance isn't suppose to be nor should it look anything like the M series of a BMW. First of all, none of the M series are dedicated for track, meaning none of their spoilers and wings/spoilers are nearly as effective as the Nismo one. If you want something that drives nice out in the street, then go get the Top of the line Nissan 370Z Touring/sports. Then you can call it respectable or whatever you want. The Nismo Z was said to be built dedicated for hardcore Enthusiast that want something that's all performance. That being said, those body kit aren't just to look all flashy but are actually functional. You swear if you drove a Buggatti Veyron out there with a huge wing in the rear, you swear someone's gonna make fun of it or don't think it's nice. If anyone who knows a little bit about performance wouldn't question why on earth would someone do something like that to a car. I'm sorry to say, but that lip of the M3 is seriously useless and hardly provide any downforce, sure the car looks classy, but you might as well not have it.

A: TVfreakazoid--What you said, is exactly what I meant.

B: Scruffy--um, maybe I'm a little confused, but what exactly is that fugly nose of the 370 nismo accomplishing??? And how much better are the coefficient of drag on the Nismo? Oh, right it's 0.01 better than the sports package model (0.29 vs. 0.30). Right, and the Nismo is heavier. So what exactly did Nissan accomplish here?

Now, I'll be the first to admit that this is my first Z and I'm new to the Z culture, and maybe I'm missing the point and don't know enough about the Z history. Maybe the Nismo was always supposed to look like it belongs in the speedracer movie (I say that in all seriousness), but if the above is not the case (and really in any event), I think the 370Z looks pretty freaking terrible. [EDIT: I MEAN THE NISMO MODEL]
For the record, i actually like the look of the 350Z, at least that one makes sense somehow.

Last edited by k.alexander; 04-17-2009 at 12:35 PM.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote