View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Vegitto-kun
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post

Okay. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Vegitto, your reasoning is kind of what I was thinking in the first place. I switched on the instant MPG readout and it seems to agree.

This all came about because I noticed how frequently when in Auto the car will downshift on acceleration when I really didn't need it to (i.e. going from 70-75, basically small increments), like most auto's will do. So I started wondering if when its doing that it also isn't as fuel efficient as staying in that higher gear, given about the same level of acceleration. It didn't seem efficient because it would shift down a gear or two for a couple seconds worth of acceleration and then after a few more seconds shift back up to 7th.
just means you hit the throttle too hard. I can accelerate perfectly fine without it downshifting.
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote