View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I took them out and put the stock back in is that I wanted to see the difference in air intake temps. Also I will be doing another dyno run in the next few weeks with the stock intake and maybe I'll do it also with the HKS Super Hybrid drop-ins I ordered. I might also order the Cobb post MAF hose as well - not sure yet. I know some folks wanted me to throw the R2Cs back on after I dyno with the base intakes, but not sure if i can make that all happen. In all honesty - I have not noticed much of a difference, if any. The intake temps with the R2Cs installed while cruising at highway speeds were about 6-8 above ambient - same results with the stock intakes. The main difference is that the intake temps while stopped, do not climb as fast with the stock intakes - they also fall faster with the stock set-up. I did not have the code to measure the A/F ratio with the R2Cs, so not sure what it was before, but only WOT I measure now 17.5-18.1 A/F ratio, which scares me a little.... Not sure why the car would run so lean with the stock intake. Maybe it has something to do with the HFC and CBE I have...