View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
I hoped this site would not have some who respond in ways that show their ignorance.

The rotary when NA is a bulletproof engine. HELLO!! LEMANS AND ROLEX 24 winner!!! They are very durable.

Not sure if the acceleration numbers would best the Z, but the new 7 WILL best it on the track if numbers all remain the same as today. Gas milage?? PEOPLE... REDUCED WEIGHT = what? And don't even say the new, larger engine will make up the difference as one of Mazda's corporate goals is to increase gas mileage by 20% I believe. That will translate to much improved milage for this new 7.

I will counter myself and say... I also am suspect about the styling. I LOVE my MS RX8; I am hesitant about the new 7. Also, by the time this 7 comes out with its 270-300 HP 16x Rotary, the Z will have DI!

All that said: I have decided to wait until 2010 for more news from Mazda on this car. As it stands right now, I will get the Z.
Not trying to hate on rx8. I daily drive far more than i will ever track. To this day i still have not step foot on any track but i would love to. So this is why i focus on subpar MPG with no power. For a daily driver the 370z hits the spot.

The rx8 has its advantages just they dont happen to be any advantage for "me".
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote